February 12, 2008

A Report You Won't See In The Tabloids

Britney Spears is working hard to find herself again, and I couldn't be more thrilled! Words cannot express how hard I've been routing for her! After a week-long hospital stay, Britney's family have come back into her life and are helping her find her peace of mind. For the past week Brit Brit has been laying low, dancing at Millennium Dance Complex, and spending some much needed time home at The Summit.

Earlier this week, hairstylist Kim Vo went to Brit's house to give her a makeover, and had nothing but nice things to say about the pop star. He said she was getting along with her mom, chatting with little sister Jamie Lynn on the phone, and a "true southern woman." And just last night, Britney taught a dance class at Millennium of about eight LA area kids (ages 4-9). Robert Baker, the director of the complex, told People magazine, "The class was amazing," and "She asked to please teach a class tomorrow." And according to several of the kid’s parents, "The kids loved it!"

I see nothing but good thing’s in Britney’s future, and I know two people who will be happier then anyone else:



Update: Britney taught her second dance class on Tuesday, and Usmagazine scored an interview with one of the students and her mother. You can read it below:

"I got a call at 5 p.m. [Monday] saying that Britney was teaching a dancing class at 6 p.m. and that Gigi should come," mom Grace told Us yesterday afternoon after Spears' second class.

"So we rush down here and when we arrived, we were ushered to the back. There were photographers on the balconies — it was crazy!"

When they arrived, they immediately spotted Spears, who was "dressed in tiny black shorts with a pink top and black boots," said mom Grace.

Added daughter Gigi, "[Britney] came up and gave me a big hug. She hugged me three times last night! She was so nice. I brought her a chocolate Valentine rose. She said thank you and put it in her bag."

Daughter Gigi said they danced to Madonna's "Material Girl."

"Britney was very into it and personally made sure every kid was having a great time," mom Grace said.

As the students left the room, Spears "told us that she appreciates us coming and she hopes we come again," mom Grace said.

Added daughter Gigi: "She hugged me again. When I got home, I cried in bed because I was so happy."

They returned Tuesday for a second session.

"We showed up, and she was wearing Cheetah shorts and looked so healthy and beautiful," the student's mother, Grace, told Us. "Her butt was hanging out."

Despite the fashion slip-up, daughter Gigi said Spears was still in control.

"We danced, and she hugged me again. I gave her my phone number on a Valentine card and she said thank you," Gigi said.

Spears, mom Grace said, "welled up with tears and said that she really appreciated it."

When asked if she thought Spears is "a good mommy," daughter Gigi emphatically told Us, "Yes!"

Mom Grace told Us she wasn't uneasy leaving her daughter under Spears' guidance.

"I have never seen my daughter so happy!" mom Grace told Us. "She is learning some dance moves too that she was doing all last night.

"She was so excited to show them to Britney today and told her that she practiced for her. Britney said, 'Awwww!'"

Spears, added mom Grace, "is young and made some mistakes. It is obvious that she loves kids very much and that she is great with children. I will bring my daughter to every one of her classes."

No comments: