February 13, 2008

The British Oscars

The 2008 BAFTA Awards were held this past Sunday, and some of the winners were quite surprising. Unfortunately, I was only able to watch the red carpet, but from what I've read, Atonement won Best Picture and Marion Cotillard won Best Actress. Obviously, Daniel Day-Lewis continued his winning streak with the award for Best Actor, while my favorite movie (so far) of the awards season, No Country For Old Men, won for Best Director and Best Supporting Actor! Check out my favorite looks from the red carpet:




I was extremely excited when I saw Daniel Radcliffe there. He's so bloody cute, I can't even stand it! And he gave an excellent statement, in an interview with Ryan Seacrest, when asked how he's been able to balance his success better than most young actors. He said, "In England you're treated as a kid first and an actor second, and in America I think you're probably more treated as an actor first then a kid second. And it screws up your priorities I think a little bit." That's so true, kids in Hollywood are always put under so much career pressure.

No comments: