February 24, 2008

And The Oscar Goes To?

There will be blood during tonight's Academy Awards ceremony, as Hollywood is expected to embrace violence and a couple of "old men." And as always, there will be glitz and glamour as the stars shine at the biggest event of the year! I’m so excited, I couldn’t even sleep last night.

I expect my favorite movie of the season, No Country For Old Men, to be the night’s BIG winner by claiming awards for Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Supporting Actor.


Another no-brainer is that There Will Be Blood star Daniel Day-Lewis will be walking away with his “billionth” award of the awards season, and the ultimate prize, the Oscar for Best Actor.


I’m pretty positive Julie Christie will win Best Actress, but as to who will win Best Supporting Actress I’m a little uncertain. However, Cate Blanchett, who played Bob Dylan in I’m Not There, is a safe bet.

And of course, there will be at least one heart-wrenching moment, when the Academy pays tribute to those we’ve lost in the last year, among them, Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger.

Overall, I think it will be a good show. I’m particularly excited to see how they introduce the nominees for Best Song. Wouldn’t it be great if Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey took the stage to re-create the musical scenes from Enchanted?!

No comments: