February 11, 2008

My Grammy Favorite Moment(s)

Did anyone else think Sunday night's Grammy Awards were the best ever? They pulled out all the stops for the 50th anniversary and I really enjoyed the show.

First came Carrie Underwood, who was joined by Stomp inspired backup dancers for her performance of "Before He Cheats." Next, was a great "Umbrella" medley by Rihanna, who wore an awesome dress! Then came The Beatles Circ De Soleil/Across The Universe tribute which was fantastic! By the time Beyonce' and Tina Turner took the stage I was on my feet dancin' before you could say "Proud Mary." And those ladies were hot! Surprisingly, the most emotional part of the night came from Kanye West, who sang/rapped a tribute to his mom (who recently passed away) that had me in tears. I also loved Alicia Keys & John Mayor's collaboration on "No One," Josh Groban & Andrea Bocelli's duet of "The Prayer," and Will.I.Am.'s "Record of the Year Mash Up." And of course, I waited all night to hear "Rehab," and Amy Winehouse did not disapoint.









Now, Let's talk about the red carpet:

I think Carrie Underwood was the best dressed of the night. She wore a floral halter dress by Zuhair Murad, and accessorized with a Mary Norton clutch.


The always beautiful and always stylish Rihanna rocked a dress by one of my favorite designers, Zac Posen, complete with ruffles and feathers.


And Natasha Bedingfield looked lovely in a purple jewel-toned gown by Reem Acra.



And congratulations go out to a long list of my favorite 2008 Grammy Winners: Justin Timberlake, Barack Obama, Carrie Underwood, The Spring Awakening OBC, Jim Dale & Harry Potter, Maroon 5, Madonna, and Michael Buble'.

No comments: