February 14, 2008

Lipstick Mafia

There are now two Sex and the City esque shows on television. Cashmere Mafia, from the producers of SATC, and Lipstick Jungle, from the creator of SATC. So, which is the better of the two to help fill the void left by Carrie and the girls? It may be too early to tell.

But I must admit, I am hooked on Cashmere Mafia. It took a couple of episodes, but I’m hooked. I love Lucy Liu’s character, Mia Mason. She’s so cute and her wardrobe is to die for (but that’s all thanks to Pat Field)! I also love Caitlin, her personal discoveries are fresh and entertaining. There are actually thing’s I like about each of the four girls, and I think things are only going to improve as the season continues.


As for Lipstick Jungle, I’m not as enthusiastic about it as I thought I’d be. Or as I was told I would be. It has potential, there’s no doubt about that. And whoever decided to cast Brooke Shields and Pretty in Pink star Andrew McCarthy in the same show is genius!


The highlight of Thursday night's episode was Victory Ford's deceptive design assistant, played by the star of Broadway's Xanadu, Kerry Butler, pictured below.

No comments: