April 27, 2008

What's The Buzz?

Friday, my family and I had a religious experience. It was Major! We went to see Jesus Christ Superstar, which was also Ted Neeley's farewell tour. It was a moving experience, to say the least. It was the second time we saw the Broadway musical, but it was the first time we saw the more modern version. [FYI: There is an original production, and a revival].


Considering the fact that we have watched the movie version of Jesus Christ Superstar every Good Friday for as long as I can remember, we had to wait at the stage door after the show. As luck would have it, the stage manager brought us backstage to "be with the lord." We talked to Jesus/Ted for nearly 20 minutes, and it is clear that he has taken a lot away form the role. He answered all of our questions, gave us advice on how to achieve our dreams, and when he signed our playbill's, he wrote separate messages to each of us that strangely reflected our lives. It was biblical.

And, speaking of incredible experiences, yesterday I purchased my tickets to see Daniel Radcliffe in Equus on Broadway this fall! I am so excited to be going to the hottest show on the planet! Harry Potter, here I come!

No comments: