April 3, 2008

Obama/Gore 2008


Okay, okay. Al Gore isn't running for President, or Vice President in 2008, and I need to stop getting my hopes up. But, that doesn't mean that the Nobel Prize winner can't still be in office!!!

According to the Associated Press, Senator Barack Obama said Wednesday he would offer Al Gore a position in his Cabinet to address global warming, if he wins the White House.

“Not only will I, but I will make a commitment that Al Gore will be at the table and play a central part in us figuring out how we solve this problem,” Obama said. “He's somebody I talk to on a regular basis. I'm already consulting with him in terms of these issues, but climate change is real. It is something we have to deal with now, not 10 years from now, not 20 years from now."

And, while I'm on the subject of Mr. Gore, I'd like to encourage you to visit his new website for The We Campaign, a project of The Alliance for Climate Protection aiming to halt global warming. Click HERE! No single person will stop global warming, but by working together, we can make it a priority.

No comments: