April 6, 2008

Martin Scorsese Shines Light On The Stones

The new Rolling Stones concert documentary, directed by Martin Scorsese, opened on Friday to rave reviews, obviously. And, seeing as I've had such a crummy life and have never been to a 'Stones' concert, I can't wait to see it! [FYI: I was just kidding about having a "crummy life," nothing could be farther from the truth.]

"When they said they wanted to make a movie of the tour, I went, 'Oh no.' And then they said, 'but its Martin Scorsese.' And I said, 'oh yes,' says Keith Richards.

The concert was filmed at the Beacon Theater in New York City in the Fall of 2006, and features musical guests including Christina Aguilera, Jack White, and Buddy Guy. And, it should be noted that the Clinton family is in the audience celebrating Bill’s 60th birthday.

Apparently, the movie opens with a confused Martin Scorsese who doesn't even know the set list. And he's not the only one. Keith told Access Hollywood, "I'm like that every show. Mick wont let me know what he wants to sing until the last minute."

The Stones, who have been rockin' since the 60's, have sold over 200 million albums. But, with the documentary Scorsese wanted to capture a more intimate look at the rockers live show, which has always seemed larger than life.

No comments: