September 22, 2008

The Emmy Runway

As far as Emmy female-friendly fashion goes, there were a lot more hits than misses. But, in my opinion, only one woman made an impact: Brooke Shields. Ladies, take notes!


Brooke looked, in the words of Christian Siriano, "fierce" in a fuchsia Badgley Mischka gown. I loved it!

As for Eva Longoria Parker's bow-topped Marchesa dress, I loathed it! And her hair... somebody call Jonathan Antin!


Don't get me wrong, I love Eva, but I think she's going to be fined by the fashion police, if not thrown behind bars.

And, as far as Lauren Conrad goes, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I've been hearing a lot of nasty things about her dress (that she designed herself), but I think it's kind of elegant.


Did she look uber-fabulous? No. But, did the simplicity of the dress combined with the soft, loose hair create a California fresh look? Yes. And, that's not so bad. Maybe she was going for beach-chic?

No comments: