September 3, 2008

BRITNEY WILL OPEN THE VMAs!

It has been confirmed, by non-other than Britney Spears herself, that she will open the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday at 9 p.m.! But it won't be a performance. Instead, MTV Networks Music Group President Van Toffler said Wednesday, it'll be something "fun and unexpected."

"MTV has long played an important role in my career. How can I not be there to kick off their 25th VMAs?" said Britney in a statement. "I'm excited to open the entire show, to say hi to my fans and to be nominated."

Britney's "Piece of Me" is up for Best Female Video, Best Pop Video and Video of the Year. And, if all plays out the way it should, Britney will win her first Moon Man (despite being nominated 16 times)!

"It feels like it's her year," said Toffler. "It's our 25th anniversary of the VMAs, and she's been such a critical piece of MTV's history."

"Britney has done everything from perform with a snake, lock lips with Madonna and prove that what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas... I can't wait to see what she does to kick off this year's show."

I can't wait either! I'm so excited, I'm totally having a VMA Britney-watch-party! This is AMAZING!

No comments: