July 21, 2008

One Year Anniversary

It's almost hard to believe that one year ago today the seventh and final novel in the epic series of Harry Potter was released. It seems like only yesterday that I was drinking Butterbeer (well, that was yesterday) and heading to the Borders book release party. I remember how nervous I was to learn Harry's fate, and how excited I was to hold the book in my hands for the first time. It truly was a magical day, and it will never be forgotten.


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows broke sales records as the fastest-selling book ever, selling more than 11 million copies in the first twenty-four hours. And, to this day, fans are still wild about Harry. The books continue to be re-read, over and over again. There are 3 more films on the way. And, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (a new theme park at Orlando's Universal Studios) is under construction.

No comments: