July 19, 2008

A Musical's Passing

Today, Academy Award-nominated director Spike Lee and his cameras will fill the Belasco Theatre to film the Tony-nominated Broadway musical Passing Strange. The production will be filmed before a live audience at both the matinee and evening performances. Then, following tomorrow's final performance (PLAYBILL announced last week that the show would be closing), Lee and his crew will return to the Belasco to film Passing Strange without an audience in attendance.


I was really upset when I heard that Passing Strange would be closing before I had a chance to see it. I should have listened to John Gallagher Jr. when he said, "Run, don't walk" to the show. Therefor, I'm really pleased that Spike Lee will be preserving it on film, and I can't wait to watch it!

No comments: