July 14, 2008

July 7-13, Week In Review

I just got back from New York City, where I was for the last week, and I've got loads to talk about. First, and most importantly, I met the inspiration for this blog: Sean Hayes!!!

I saw Damn Yankees on Tuesday, the second of New York City Center’s Encores! Summer Stars series, which Sean is starring in for 3 weeks. It was a really charming show, with lots of heart, and a few show-stopping numbers (one performed by Sean himself, on the piano). After the show, I met hottie Cheyenne Jackson (pictured below) and Jane Krakowski, but not Sean, because he was feeling sick.


I came back on Thursday, which was opening night, and once again did not meet Sean, because he went straight to the after-party. But, as a shocking yet welcomed surprise, I bumped into my favorite Ugly Betty star, Michael Urie, on the street! I talked to him for about 5 minutes and he was so nice, and so cute. It was fabulous! He likes filming in New York, and had also just seen Damn Yankees and loved it. Check us out:


Finally, I went to the City Center on Saturday (before the show), and the third time was a charm... After a few hours in the heat, I met Sean (which marks the first thing I can cross off of my Bucket List)! And, even though he was running late, he stopped for autographs and photos, and (for me) a hug. It was a dream-come-true experience, and I want to say that he's sweet, talented, and hilarious, but those are all understatements. He is beyond words. Brilliant!


Meet-and-Greets aside, I also got to attend my first ever Broadway in Bryant Park!


It was a lot of fun! Shows that performed included Spamalot (featuring Drew Lachey), Stomp, Russian on the Side, [title of show] and Chicago. The standout performance, and crowd favorite, was easily [title of show]. Hopefully I'll get to see it one day.

And then, for the grand finale of my week, I went to see Bon Jovi in Central Park! The free concert, a prelude to the Major League Baseball All-Star game at Yankee Stadium, was held on the Great Lawn, and was extremely fun! This photo, from the Associated Press, says it all:

No comments: