January 12, 2009

Hollywood's Golden Sunday

Holy Hollywood! The 2009 Golden Globe Awards were absolutely fabulous last night!

OK, maybe they were a little bit long. And they could have used a few more camera shots of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. But, other than that, they made a kick-ass comeback (and comeback's are so trendy these days)!

Here's a list of my favorite moments:

1. Ryan Seacrest running after Brangelina. This happened about 15 minutes before the Globes began, on the E! red carpet. As Brad and Angeline walked by, Ryan ran off of his platform and attempted to get an interview with the two but was totally dissed. Check it out:


Today, on On Air with Ryan Seacrest, Ryan said "I don't think I'm top of mind for Brad and Angelina," and that he realized very quickly that "it's against the rules to walk down onto the carpet from the platform."

Poor Ryan. I really appreciate him trying to get that interview (because I really wanted to hear from Brad and Angie!). Oh well. There's always the Oscars, and I'm sure that Hollywood's hottest couple would love to talk to Ryan when they have the time.

2. Ricky Gervais sipping a beer while presenting.


This guy is too funny! And, for some reason, he answered questions at the winners press conference after the show. You never know what he's going to say, but it's almost always hilarious.

3. Heath Ledger's Best Supporting Actor win. We all knew it was coming, but it was still great to see. And, I'm sure it was a very bittersweet night for a lot of people.

4. Mickey Rourke's acceptance speech. I love when he thanked his dogs!


About a 1/2 hour before he won, I told my mom that if I ever won an award I would thank Chloe (my dog)! Isn't that funny?

5. Kate Winslet winning, twice! Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress.


I think everyone expected her to win won. But two? Wow! That was an awesome surprise. And I absolutely loved when she thanked Leo. I'm sure all Titanic fans shed a tear at that!

No comments: