October 29, 2008

Are You Serious?

My favorite actor in the world, Joaquin Phoenix, announced his plans to quit acting at a charity benefit for Paul Newman in San Francisco on Monday.


He said, "I want to take this opportunity ... to give you the exclusive and just talk a little bit about the fact that this will be my last performance as an actor. I'm not doing films anymore." His rep confirmed the retirement to Extra.

Apparently, he plans to work on music instead.

So, let me get this straight: He's 34-years-old, has 2 Oscar nominations under his belt, is an extremely talented, dedicated actor with immense potential for a legendary career that's just getting started, and he's going to quit! Are you kidding me with this?

Joaquin, you've already proven you can act and sing at the same time, so stick to it!

No comments: