May 29, 2009

Music, Musicals, and Basketball

On Saturday, May 23, I saw American Idol season 6 runner-up Blake Lewis perform a free show at Station Square in Pittsburgh, PA.


It had been a couple of years since I had last seen Blake, and his fan-fare sure has decreased, but other than that he's still one heck of a talented guy. Perhaps too talented for some people to handle.

After the show, I had a much more pleasant meet-and-greet experience than I had before and after the 'Idol' tour in '07. Maybe that's because I've learned how to talk to him (he can be a bit "touchy").

* * *

On Thursday, May 28, my sister and I went to see Spring Awakening at Heinz Hall (also in Pittsburgh, PA).


We had been dying to see this musical for the past 2 years, and because we did not get to see the Original Broadway Cast when they were at the Eugene O'Neill Theatre in NYC (and we'll always regret it!!!), the national tour had to do. And we loved it! The cast (and crew) met our high expectations and put on a great show.

... Spring Awakening is now officially one of my favorite Broadway musicals ever.

* * *

And, tonight, I watched Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers take their place in the 2009 NBA Finals, after defeating the Denver Nuggets.


Congratulations L.A.!!!

No comments: