June 25, 2008

Take It Back, Shaq

I'm sure you've already heard about, or have seen, the TMZ video of Shaquille O’Neal's freestyle Kobe-bashing rap. Well, now it's time for him to face the consequences. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said that Shaq's use of a racially derogatory word and other foul language will cause him to lose his special deputy’s badge. "I don’t condone this type of racial conduct,” said Arpaio. "If any one of my deputies did something like this, they’re fired."

I'm really disappointed with this situation. I've always loved Shaq, but the fact that he would show such bitterness towards Kobe, years after they supposedly repaired their friendship, is just sad. I couldn't even watch the entire TMZ video, because it made me so mad. Kobe doesn't need that, and he most certainly doesn't need Shaq to be the best player in the NBA year-after-year. But, Shaq is going through a tough divorce right now and must be looking for someone to blame other than himself. So, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he has learned his lesson.

No comments: